This past July, Kevin DeSanto participated in a panel discussion at the Aspen Security Forum in Colorado. Below are the questions that were asked of the panel and Kevin’s responses.
- What is unique about investing in the defense space versus regular technology?
- Do you look at requirements and threats or just profit margin when looking at a business?
- Are the big defense contractors still able to be innovative?
- Is the defense industry serving 21st century goals of American foreign policy by focusing on high-tech solutions for a low-tech threat?
- As DoD is moving from cost-plus contracts to more fixed-price contracts, how do you evaluate that when looking at acquisitions for a company?
- Is there a tension between the profit motive and actually filling a defense need?
To learn more about the Aspen Security Forum, click here.